This it the roof ice dam product of last resort. The product works well, but understand you have to use a lot of it. It will melt a hole through a solid block of ice in a few hours but without a strategy you will have a polka-doted icy roof. The goal is to make a pattern (which is not easy if you are throwing it on your roof. You want to make lines or channels where the water can drain easily off your roof instead of inside your home.
Eliminate ice dams safely from the ground. Roof Melt tablets work on contact with trapped water, melting existing ice.
- Helps prevent damage from Ice Dams.
- Simple to use-Toss a tablet on the roof and let it do the work.
- Roof Melt is a proven and inexpensive product.
- *Added by roofrake.com*This is not meant to clear feet of snow on a roof. It is meant to melt problematic ice dams and will melt through snow to get to them. Do not use randomly you must use a lot of the product in an area. 1 per square foot
Made From Calcium Chloride and will not damage common asphalt shingles (Do not use on metal roofs). Easy to use... Simply toss a Roof Melt Tablet on the roof & let it do the work!
1.While safely on the ground, toss a Roof Melt tablet onto the roof.
2. The Roof Melt Tablet melts down and settles on the roof surface.
3. Roof Melt begins to work when it comes in contact with snow & ice. The Roof Melt tablet & water mixture begin to melt (from the bottom up) the existing ice dam.
4. Water drains from the roof, to the ground. The ice dam and the snow are safely eliminated.
About Ice Dams:
On a smaller scale, icedams are a problem of house and building maintenance in cold climates. An icedam can occur when snow accumulates on the slanted roof of a house with inadequate insulation and ventilation in the attic. Warmth coming up through the roof melts the snow. Meltwater flows down the roof, under the blanket of snow, onto the eave and into the gutter, where colder conditions on the overhang cause it to freeze. Eventually, ice accumulates along the eave and in the gutter. Snow that melts later cannot drain properly through the ice on the eave and in the gutter.
Say goodbye to icedams Throw a handful on your roof and melt a channel for water to drain.
Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: